Friday, August 16, 2019

I was raised to be a perfectionist,
And that's a trap.
But lucky for me,
I've come to see the seeds of perfection
That lie within,
And I'm OK with that.

I've trained myself to see
That the possibility of perfection
Is good enough.
This philosophy allows me to try to be happy,
Instead of driven,
Inspired instead of tortured,
Motivated, but not exacerbated to the limit.

And so I protect the beautiful perfect seeds,
Sometimes they turn into art.
But I protect my sanity
By remembering what integrity means,
By allowing my imperfect flaws
A public forum.
They're art, too.
They rage against the decorum that would turn me blue
And deprive my soul of air and light.
I fight the good fight every day,
And every night I lay my head down
And Rest In Peace.

And every dawn,
I'm born again to start again anew.


-jenn

No comments: