Saturday, August 10, 2019


They say I get my eyes from my father's father.
His were a far away shade of blue.
But all my macadamia nuts come from Macedonia,
And I get all my craziness from you.

You're my holiday in Monte Carlo,
A wild excursion of love 
The very first night.
My money's gone, so now
I'm  bussing tables,
So I can eat for
Thirteen days til my returning flight.

You're my twisted dream of satisfaction,
Enigma in a mirror split three ways.
You're my extreme love distraction.
You're my sacred Cherokee Opposite Day.

Some have questioned a random line
In a random verse in a random song.
"What would put such nonsense in your head?" they say.
It's just something that needed to be said.
It's the first line and the last, the only.
The rest of it just kind of goes along,
Lulling the listener to pieces,
So they can really hear it,
The voice of the spirit saying,
"All my macadamia nuts come from Macedonia."

-jenn




No comments: