Monday, June 1, 2020

In the dreamy Other Place,
It’s always morning cool,
And shadowy upon thy face,
And birds fly low.

They sing clever melodies
And dive and land and eat
Upon the ground so close
That one could reach and touch them.

My feet are light and I could fly to you.
In this shade, it’s always spring.
The grass is drunken green,
And lilacs bloom anew again each day.

Two birds flutter in the untroubled hedge
The branches and the leaves move
With the breeze, and the birds at play.
My mind flies away, to the Other Place,
Where nothing exists but love and peace
And bliss and muted shades of May.

I’ll be back to live again right here,
Where fear is not even a memory.
Soothed by the trills of satisfied songbirds,
I will dance and put my face
Into the fresh lilacs filled with dew,
And wander the lolling, strangely, Irish hills 
Of this Other Place.

-jenn

No comments: