Friday, June 19, 2020

When I went looking for a lamb that went astray,
I wandered as a sheep might do 
To see if I could find the way
That it had gone.
And in the cool morning,
I came upon a holy place,
Where maybe dawn had settled 
In the night to rest her head
Before she rose, to light the East
And greet the early birds
From their fresh beds.

The grass was lush and sallow,
Large trees grew round to shade,
And in a spot where deer had wallowed,
I made a pillow and laid down
In the fragrant air.

And where are you, My Lover?
Will you come tonight and meet me,
Here, with only the night
To cover us?
Will you fill me with Divine Light
As only you can do?
So that by loving one another
We can know our true selves better.
We can begin to see 
Love-light dawning in our souls,
From me loving you 
You loving me.

-jenn


No comments: