Saturday, June 6, 2020

When I walked before the dawn,
I stopped between two trees
To see what the pale light was
Sinking in the west.
The full moon stood, preening in front of her mirror,
Shining out through her window.
Her entire face was flushed with pink.
I didn’t know what she had done
To bring such a beautiful blushing overtone
Across her silver face.
A chance look,
I saw her in her privacy.

I double-took,
Filling my eyes with the sight of her.
I tried to see myself in her,
Her glamour so real,
But I could only feel myself in her,
For the Moon has a dark side you rarely see,
But I can sense its deep pull on me.

And yet all of this is fine,
Maybe even by design,
Two genuine aspects so opposite in nature.
The moon is content for now,
But if time allows, who knows
What strange catastrophe it might take
To change her?

-jenn

No comments: