Tuesday, April 2, 2019

There is 1 problem with my form.
They can't verify I'm not a robot.
I keep touching the screen of my iPad
Right in the box that they're telling me to check,
But it doesn't work for me.

And come to think of it
The automatic doors at Walmart 
Will not open for me.
I'm standing here, almost ran into the glass,
But until some other shopper arrives,
And I can ride in on her coattails,
My presence, my action, my movements
Do not register.

And now I go to wash my hands,
And the motion sensing faucets 
Won't come on.
Another woman rinses her hands,
And I move over to try that faucet
To no avail!

Probably just as well.
I've caught the last trickle 
Of someone else's stream before,
Then gone to wave my soppy hands
In front of the red light on the paper towel dispenser,
And left the bathroom in drip dry mode,
Thankful at least the toilet paper is manually retrieved.

So maybe I am a robot.
And maybe I would be ok with that.
But I dare not look in the bathroom mirror
For fear I will see no reflection,
And possibly discover I'm a vampire ghoul instead.

-jenn



No comments: