Saturday, May 21, 2022

 If when you call or text

And I answer you

So quietly and so subdued

Don’t worry 

Just know

I’m listening to

Kinda Blue, by Miles Davis


And if the text turns satin sheen

I’m listening to Blue in Green

By Miles Davis


And if you think I’ve caught a buzz

Even though I don’t smoke 

Or drink

But you think that stir in your pants

Is not quite as obvious as Fran Dance

(By Miles Davis)

But it sure seems like one of us may get lucky tonight 

I’m listening to Stella by Starlight

By Miles Davis


But if a pep comes in your step

And a brassy tone

Rings out from your telephone

It means all my hay is baled

And I’m listening to Love for Sale


And you can say So What

But what else have you got to lose

You can’t lose nothing with All Blues

Baby


So....If the day has taken its toll

I say

Lose your day but gain your soul

Listening to some Miles Davis


-jenn

No comments: