Monday, May 2, 2022

 The rain

On a cold Monday morning 

The jazz

On my radio 

So very blue

My car drives itself to your heart

But you’re living in a gated community


Well i’m late for work anyway

So there’s not time

To tell you all the reasons I have

For wanting to make you mine

But let’s just say that none of them are good


It doesn’t matter

Because your hearts living in a gated community


How I feel when I pull up to the gate

And I see someone coming out

And I’m prevented from going in


Who is it that’s so lucky as sin

To have been with you when you committed the crime

So you married her so she wouldn’t have to testify against you

And I’m in the witness protection program 

And your heart

And the rest of you

Is living in a very gated community 


But I have the rain

On a cold Monday morning 

And the blue blue jazz

On my radio 


The notes come to me

On the cold blue

The rain drops falling 

Just the same on everything 

The just the unjust

Without impunity 

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes... even the gated community 

Of your heart


-jenn






No comments: