Friday, June 21, 2019

Feng ling (wind bells)

The spontaneity of the wind bell suggests
A readiness of the chimes cast for the wind.
You think my smile suggests 
A readiness for you,
But if you change your mind with the wind,
And if I take all night to write this poem,
One line per dream,
One dream per line,
And I will smile a lifetime of dreams away,
Waiting for the right winds to blow me
So I will be ready for you, Feng ling.

Come and take one hand and twirl me.
Then take the other and hold it in yours,
Close to your breast.
Go ahead and smile back at me.
Tell me you are ready for me,
Feng ling, Feng ling.

Tonight the wind is blowing up my bedsheet.
It's billowed my curtains back so I can see.
The stars are ringing,twinkling clearly,
Twirling over us and ready for us to dream
One more dream of love,
One more dream
Of love.
(Feng ling. Feng ling.)


-jenn

No comments: