Friday, June 28, 2019

I'm walking down the street,
 Admiring the trees,
Drinking a glass of iced tea,
And I don't think I'm getting much exercise,
But I'm having a lot of fun.
I do the things I do for me and for the world.

I want to become as a little child
With an innocent mind,
A heart that is wild enough to play all day,
Come in and eat supper,
Sleep like a baby,
And maybe dream of wild adventures.

For such is the kingdom of artists and art,
With a hope of transcending,
Heart to heart,
And opening the imaginary and real gates
That exist between various peoples,
So the world can be a better place,
Where we are all free to love one another 
In peace and in joy.

And so I walk with my heart toward you,
With my iced tea,
My particular point of view,
And all my silly hopes,
Collecting poems along the road of humanity,
To share with you,
And see if I can get you to smile,
For me,
For you,
And for the world.


-jenn

No comments: