Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I got nothing.

When we all come in
To report our dealins for de week
And gadsby's bloated like a
Two beaked pelican
About all the sales he made in his mind,
And Junior, talkin out his behind,
His lips jutted out, shoulders shrugged,
His palms out open, like the day he was mugged,
He claims he's got victims too.
The fish are all bitin on the worms he threw,
And the sales manager,
He's got you now,
And
I've
Got
Nothin.



Vinnie is tellin some tall tales
About his success with some big fat whales.
You'd think he's from Texas
The way he spews,
And even Block, who can barely talk,
Manages to sputter about his capers,
Full deposits and 5% papers,
And then the sales manager comes to me,
And I put my hands down on both my knees
And stare right through his hollow eyes.
He's got to realize.
He's got you,
And
I've
Got
Nothin.

-jenn

No comments: