Wednesday, April 25, 2018

To me, communication between people who want to be friends is like this:
We agree to play nice.
We go to the tennis court
And throw a ball over the net to one another.
The object is to volley,
To throw it so it can be caught,
And catch it and throw it back in a timely and considerate manner.
It's for fun.
But it helps us get better at something.
Maybe the something is life.
Maybe it's just to get better at communication.

You made your choice
To continue to throw the ball over my head and over the back wall of the court,
So then you expect me to run after it every time
And bring it back and continue on with you as if that were ok.

I get to make my choice, too.
I will leave the ball where it is and go home and eat my soup.

The ball's in your court now.
Play with yourself.

Bye-bye now.

-jenn

No comments: