Friday, April 27, 2018

The little bird is smartly dressed
And impresses me with the phrasing of his tune.
"Perdoooodeee Perdoooodee Perdoooo!"
He is saying you ought to go to the university of Purdue
And study botany,
For there you will meet the man of your dreams,
And your dreams will all come true.
The doubt comes instantaneously.
Perdue is much too good for me,
And I am too old to go and study plants and trees,
And what good will it do me now,
To find some beau 30 years my junior?

But maybe I am unaware that somewhere out there
Someone my age has heard the word of the prophetic bird,
And is right now considering the possibilities,
Some unlikely probability that the woman of his dreams
Is hearing the message too,
And will meet to join dreams with him
At the University of Purdue.

-jenn

No comments: