Friday, September 13, 2019

I was moving and I couldn't find 
The clothes I'd planned to wear.
I found a gray pantsuit 
My grandma crocheted for me.
But when I looked into the mirror,
I could see my turquoise underwear
Right through the loops in the yarn.
My mother was waiting in the car for me,
Impatiently, and while she had my sons in the back seat,
Took the opportunity to scold them
About aging gracefully.

I turned to view my pantsuit from the rear,
And decided the only part of the whole outfit
That looked acceptable to me
WAS the turquoise underwear.

So I'll give the gray pantsuit a little time,
And either it will come back into style,
Or I'll give in to my mother,
And try to act my age.
But if all the world's a stage,
Today, I'm in full costume,
Just as I am, very comfortable 
In my skin, and in my turquoise underwear.


-jenn

No comments: