Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I’m known to
Be aloof and cool,
But when Todd Bridges
Came in to be masseused,
I got giddy and kept 
Putting my foot in my mouth.
“I’ve always wanted to get my hands on you,”
I stuttered stupidly,
In a trite attempt at wit.
I’m not supposed to know who it is
I’m massaging,
But when he cuts his eyes at me,
I can’t help but say,
“What you talking about, Willis?”
And Todd jumps up off the table
And gets his towel wrapped around him quick,
And starts to go.

But I spout,
“What if I’m the only one
Who knows exactly how to touch you,
To completely heal your pain?”
And he is torn
Between the cure
And putting up with the dork 
Who may bring it.
“That was feeling really good,” he says.
“I’ll be quiet,” I assure,
And he and I regain our composure 
As the massage goes on
Without incident,
With only the good intentions on the road to hell
 Ahead of all the blunders.

-jenn 

No comments: