Thursday, May 21, 2020

There’s a lot going on in there,
An entire world in a ship
Inside a bottle.
I peek in to see me when I was five,
Curiously trying to find things out.
I also see an older version of me
Bending down to help her out.
She’s whispering secrets in my ear.
My tears are gone.
A wide smile that breaks 
Like the dawn into
A happy laugh appears.
She takes my hand and we go into another room to play
And sit and have something good
To eat, together.

I’m not alone.
The younger and the older me 
Are healing all my memories,
Helping me be at peace with everything 
From the subatomic history
To the macro-cosmic now.
And how beautiful the brochures are,
Of lovely places all around,
Like the beautiful feet
Of those that bring good news,
That the chances for the future will be grand!

-jenn

No comments: