Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I’ve been granted three wishes,
And one of them was
To go back and redo jr.high school,
Knowing what I know now.

I’m going to ask some of them
That like to see
Such violent movies on tv,
If they like to watch people die of cancer, too?
And to the haters that scoff
Their jealous hearts out
Toward the ones who want 
To love others and get along,
I’m going to sing them the song
About the elephant 
That went for a walk,
And how the randy monkey saw her,
And just as he jumped on her behind
And started going at her as best he could,
She happened to stepped on a thorny bush
And moaned in pain.
And as the prideful monkey yelled,
“Suffer, Bitch!”
She twitched her tail
And flung him forty feet
Back into the trees.

But as I think of these terrible things,
I wonder why I would waste a wish
On going back to something as awful
As the jr. high experience truly was,
When I can just sing to the entire planet,
The song about an elephant, now.



-jenn

No comments: