Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Facebook suggested I poke you,
And I started to,
But I remembered that meme you posted
About, "My face when somebody pokes me
At 3:27 am."

There was a beautiful chain letter
One of my friends had sent me.
All you had to do was say AMEN or type it, maybe,
And then forward the letter to all your contacts,

Which I never do,
But I wanted to send it you,
Because I want you to have all the good luck in the world
And none of the bad,
And I think they only said
Your socks wouldn't match
If you didn't forward it within 13 minutes!
And that's a small price to wager
In the face of all the good they promised.

But then I remembered that meme,
And that face!

So....
I'm not gonna poke you
Until maybe 8 am?
And.... I've still got 7 minutes to think
About sending that chain letter
Before something weird happens in my sock drawer!

So..... Don't you worry bout a thang, Baby!

-jenn

No comments: