Wednesday, October 11, 2017

1
The sky is a giant 3-D printer.
You can have whatever you want,
If you can look up and see it in the clouds in the sky.
Someone's getting a new rib cage--
Right now as we speak!
Someone---getting a new spinal column,
Included: a new spinal cord and spinal fluid.
Someone just wants a little red wagon.
Here it is!

And here is a very special dragon
That a very special someone has wished for
And now has seen it in the sky!

It's all yours, my child!
Look up,
And behold what you will!

I keep looking for a new heart,
But all I found so far
Are heart shaped leaves on the ground,
But even they remind me, "Look up! Look up!
Don't look down!
Look up to the sky!
It's all yours, my child!
Look up,
And behold what you will."

2
Well today I saw a heart in the sky
Or maybe it was just a dotted "i"
Or a dotted lowercase "j"
Or maybe it was an umbrella
That I borrowed to jump off the barn as a child.
The anxious whoosh of the approaching ground
Broke it spines and turned it forever upside down

It's constant smile eerily derided me
With a continuous, "Good Job!"
For all these years.

I think I'll throw it out today,
And ponder what meaning there might be
In a lowercase "j"

-jenn

No comments: