Monday, March 22, 2021

 I am still surging on my protector.

My eyes still swinging to unwind 

From being so screwed up,

Wound tight on the Maypole

Lodged deep in the back of my head,

From trying to keep an eye on you.


I gave up when I saw

That look on my face in the mirror,

And recognized it as the spurned look of my mother.

Then I went crazy.

I never want my mouth to hang agape like that again.

Suddenly I hear the pow wow going

Up inside my head.

I turn my back on this world that cannot love enough.

My feet join the music in the air,

The magic drumbeat.

I rejoin the dance of the great medicine wheel of the sky.


All the narcissistic fleas of the western civilization 

Fly off me as I spin.

I’m set free from the contempt 

Of the white man and his ways,

Beating his wife for mere sexual pleasure.

Cicero and Aristotle can no longer shock me,

Choosing their own emptiness 

Over sharing this happiness with me,

Cheating on me with the government,

Turning my love to commodity,

Selling me out on the streets .


I am free

And whole,

At peace,

Dancing again,

Above their law,

Impossible to restrain.


-jenn

No comments: