Saturday, March 27, 2021

If there is not a word for this,

Make one up.

I read a beautiful word in Sanskrit.

It took a paragraph of English to explain it’s worth.

I tried to write a song about you.

I’ve had to reword it.


There’s a feeling I have inside.

It tries to hide,

But it can’t.

I smile as I try to find a word for it.

No one’s ever heard of it.

I’m going to have to make one up.


Let’s make up words tonight

For things we’ve barely heard of.

Anything is possible.

We can reinvent ourselves

And all the foibles of the galaxy,

And make up words to cover it all up.


Let’s get deep under the covers,

Love all over one another

Until the new words start to bubble up inside us,

Until they pop like corks on champagne bottles,

And then we can celebrate them properly, 

And ourselves, without the grief.


Ahhhhhhh, the sweet relief of love

And made up words.


-jenn

No comments: