Monday, March 29, 2021

 I longed for a push  in the right direction. 

I longed for a touch from you,

But the wind blew.


By day I walked The Starry Night,

By night, The Red Vineyard at Arles,

The beauty almost horrified me


Until the Swallows came and flew beside me.

I’m far away,

But not alone,

And even here, in the asylum,


Art is done,

Inspiration.


The beauty almost horrifies me,


But instead, I pick up your brush,

And pick up my head,

And pen the raw truths I find around me.

I’ve moved

From wanting you

To living here instead,

And loving the flow of the wind that blows me.


There is so much more ahead,

Scenes to paint, stories to tell.

The beauty has gotten deep inside me,

(Sometimes it still horrifies me!) but

Limiting beliefs have nothing more

To do with me, with or without you,

I will be picking up my pen,

Writing again, 

Shining through The Sunflowers,

Loving the wind,

And letting the wind love me.


-jenn

No comments: