Tuesday, October 30, 2018

During this, the longest and most sultry night 
Of the Battle of Reveal,
I want to talk to you,
But I don't have anything to say.
Can I just lay beside you on the battlefield?
You could talk quietly to me til Reveille,
While we pretend to be dead,
Or I could listen to hear you breathe.

I could brush my fingers over you
So lightly you might never know that it was me.
You might forget that I am here, 
And you might forget to wear your livery,
And I could see you as you are.

And then, if I say something accidentally,
I hope you will stay unclad
And not retreat to textiles.
But let me go back to speechlessness,
And let this inner war be won together
By embracing a brave tactile contingency 
On both fronts.

I won't tell you that I love you,
(But I do. You know I do.)
But can I tell you that
My nipples ache in your general direction?


-jenn

No comments: