Wednesday, October 10, 2018

I received a letter from heaven last night.
It wasn't what I expected.
It looked liked the envelope had been recycled a time or two.
There was a clear plastic window 
In the front where the recipient's name was supposed to be seen,
But there wasn't a letter in there with a name,
And you had to look through that tiny window 
To try to see the message that was written on the envelope's wall.

It must have been hard to write it,
Because it was hard to read,
But finally I saw the scratched out letters
ILY, NY, WY
And tears filled my eyes and heart
Tears of joy and of sadness
For I knew, you'd gotten your message through to me
In letters sent so cryptically 
And so beautifully 
To my heart.

Thank you.
And I hope you're getting my messages too.

-jenn


No comments: