Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I burned my bra!
Well it was an accident,
Because when I say I'm a child of the sixties,
I mean I was barely born.
And feminism took a strange twist in the 80's,
And I don't know where it's gone now.

But when I try to go braless,
Which is my preferred manner of doing things,
I scare people.
Even in my own home!

But this little accident in the bathroom with a candle 
Has come to bring down the high 
And level the low,
And I've seen the power.

I want to say it's the power of being synchronized with your self.
The liberation of having your modus vivendi 
Align with your preferred modus operandi.

But, who knows what this feeling is
Truly caused by?
The feminine mystique?
Or a new Mother Nature 
Truly takin over?

Sixties baby---
They had some goooood music!
And, I'm braless!


-jenn

No comments: