Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I'm going back to begin my education again.
I'll make my start in a ju-co
In some foreign land.
I'll work at a cheesy American burger cafe,
Because I know what burgers are 
Supposed to taste like.

And I'll be so successful at being an American,
That I'll drop out of school as fast as I can
And take over the cheesy American burger joint
And be a star in my own foreign commercials.

I'll give up my scholarship to twirl baton
And hire the drum major away, too,
To be my chief fry cook.
I'll teach him to make the burgers extra fried to a crisp and cheesy.
I'll slap him
With a spatula and call him "greasy,"
But he won't know what that means,
Especially if I smile sweetly when I say it.

Then I'll retire as fortune five hundred's
Top female business owner of the year,
And Harvard will bequeath me a phd
Honorarily, pre-mortem!

And yet again,
I will never have cracked a book!


-jenn

No comments: