Sunday, January 6, 2019

I learned something from reading the Bible,
And I've never eaten an apple in my life!
I learned something from reading the myths,
And when I "visited" hell like Persephone,
I didn't eat a damn thing.
Especially a pomegranate seed!

So why do I have to suffer the curse?

And why am I stuck in hell 6 months of the year?

But the idea of you keeps me from drowning.
The idea of you keeps me afloat.
This idea I have of you, may not be true,
But it gives me hope,
And keeps me from settling,

From setting up permanent residence in hades.

So don't drink my Koolaid
Or my wine
Don't eat my apples or pomegranate seeds.
Don't let anything about me contaminate you,

Because whether it's true or not,
I need this idea of you to stay perfect and beautiful,
And that's too much for any mere human to take,
To be,
But that's what I need,
That's what I want
From you.

Meanwhile, I won't be eating anything from anywhere.
I bring my lunch from home,
Everywhere I go,
Just in case.

-jenn




No comments: