Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Now I can finally go and live amongst The Bigfoot.
I've observed their colony from afar.
They busy themselves with daily living daily
And stay away from the dramatic poses of human affairs.

A grove of tall pines, a brushy den,
I'll birth my young,
And pack them by the nape 
Of their furry necks
Until they're strong enough to hold on piggy back,
Traversing the Appalachian trails
With the other Yowees and Yetis
And Western Skunk Apes,

And sit in the company of the learned elders,
Deciphering wood knocks from all around the glen,
And discerning them from the sounds
Of others using rocks to crack
Walnuts and pecans along the creekside.

That will be my social media.
The likes and tweets will be
Heard high in tree tops
With great thumps and chocks 
Clocking the presence of my fold,
Grounding me in the sylvan community,
And keeping me contented
To have and to hold my children
And my status as a part and parcel of nature.


-jenn

No comments: