Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Love Mist


Let me waft in on the breeze through your window
A refreshing mist of cool
There are places like this on the trail that I walk
Suddenly sweet and damp as the dew

Let me blow in and settle there over you
And look at your sleeping face
Oceans of love have distilled within me
And gathered here, now in this place

I see you there dreaming, your eyelids moving
REM sleep fully engaged
Let me add essence and reality to your dream
Feel me settling in on your page

Write me into your history’s future
Now ink me into your early morn
Picture me hovering, brooding over your deepness
Adding energy for your victory horn

Capture my cloudiness if you can
Grasp my elusive sensual moment
Feel me all over you like a clammy shirt
Soaked by the salt seas foment

Then burst into freedom
And rise right thru me
Strong as the rising sun
Knowing that something is there in your midst
And she is never quite done

-jenn long

No comments: