Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mellow Roast


Your voice echoes through my night
Like warm sips of coffee,
Waking me,
Quaking me to the core,
Making me want some more.

Rich smooth sounds
Come bounding down.
They get under me,
And plunder my visions,
Yet leave me fuller than before.

Cozy, golden day blends into strong night.
Your words stir into my darkness.
A creamy layer rises to top off robust cups,
Both just about to run over.
Giggles percolate as we see each other
With milky, espresso mustaches.

Tomorrow’s blonde roast is already here—somewhere.
You call me, dark mocha-ed, from that place,
Happily willing to wait and brew,
Reaching back for me into your yesterday,

Moving me with your deep rich tones,
Easily over the longer, gentler wavelengths,
Into a hearty, aromatic, resonant frequency:
A harmonic convergence of time and space and taste.

They spoon together now, my night, your day,
Rousing into a hearty time, uniquely their own.
Your smooth tongue awakens me to the delicious treasures
Of a dusky, dawning, eternal morning of love.

(…and I don’t even like coffee)

-jenn long

No comments: