Saturday, May 5, 2012

Skinny Girl Club


Ahhh… the Skinny Girls’ Club!
You can see them giving each other
The super secret handshake with their eyes,
Lookin’ one another up and down,
Sizing each other up,
“Are you a size 2, or a 4?”

Well Darlin’,
I am a 5, but 7’s feel so darn good
I buy 9’s,

So don’t be eyein’ me, Honey.
I am not a part of the club.
I don’t live my life anymore
On the treadmill going nowhere.

I don’t torture myself
With deprivation
And the “ I can’t get no
Satisfaction”
Mentality
Of trying starve myself,
Or scarfing and barfing
And killing myself
With ex-lax,
To try to achieve
That hollow gut look
Made so popular
By Hollywood
And heroin junkies.

Oh yes, I take long walks
On the beach,
But I don’t hustle when I go,
I stop a lot
To smell the flowers,
And look at fascinating things that I find curious.

It is amazing what one can see
When one is not tangled in chains
To the mirror.

And sometimes when I walk,
I take a pork chop with me.
I eat it while I mosey.
I enjoy the heck out of it,
And find it so filling
And satisfying,
Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh Sweetheart,
I see the tortured trademark in your eyes,
“Member in good standing of the Skinny Girls’ Club.”
The hollow in your tummy has spread
To an empty in your eyes.
Let the fat chick in you out a little sometime.
Let her have some fun,
And discover that she may just be the one to guide you
To the kingdom of peace within yourself.
I wish you all the best!
It is possible.

-jenn long

No comments: