Sunday, October 6, 2019

Clouds on clouds,
The day adjourns.
Any misgivings can be returned 
By the jury, like socks
That do not fit.
But some return gifts that fit just right,
Preferring to select their own society.

Piety comes in many forms,
And in the norms of jury duty,
I find no solace,
Just a grimace from sitting all day
In Blind Justice's gray courtroom,
Feeling such great pity
For all involved.
It seems a simple situation devolved,
And As I stand, I wonder if Love 
Really could have been the answer?

Love is on trial.
It's on the witness stand.
It's my court appointed counsel.
It has a fool for a client.
It's done everything but judge,
Everything but fail.
Yet I feel it's lovely leg irons, now.
They keep me from running.
I'm standing.
I'm standing,
Awaiting for the verdict.


-jenn

No comments: