Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The blustery day caught me in a loquacious mood.
I bubbled all my secrets out
Like chocolate from the fondue fountain,
Rich dark intricacies,
The spiderwebs that I called heartstrings.

And then, not usually the imbibing sort,
I had an extra glass of port and wandered on my way.
And I wasn't hungry,
But something smelled so good to me,
That I was filled with desire to eat it,
And so, I followed my nose
To the second level of the parking garage
Where a vagabond had found a place to plug in a toaster,
And was cooking a piece of bread.

But he gave it to me to eat instead,
And I guess that is why I spilled the beans
And told him everything I knew about myself,
Even down to the pin number on my debit card.

Well do you know what you would do
If you didn't know you were hungry,
And someone gave you some delicious food?


-jenn

No comments: