Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Quatrain Song

When Nostradamus doesn't write his quatrains,
It's because a day just like today 
Awaits for all of us on the horizon,
A day of boredom and plain ennui.

A day of happy fish and mashed potatoes,
A day of gray and taking out the trash,
No solar flares and no other excitement,
No poetry no dancing.

Some days Nostradamus reads the tea leaves,
And all the tea leaves say is,
"Have some more!
There's really nothing here for us to work with.
We're looking to the dirt down on the floor to tell us something!"

I wish you'd come and spice up my potatoes.
The music in your soul makes my heart dance.
Let the tea leaves swirl and fall around us,
And put us in a quatrain kind of trance.

We'll have happy fish and mashed potatoes.
We'll have dancing eyes and beating hearts.
I'll watch your nostrils flare and my skin glisten,
While we listen as the quatrain music starts.


-jenn

No comments: