Wednesday, October 2, 2019

*Is it windy there, where you are, Love?
I close my eyes and see,
The broad impressionistic strokes
Of wind's inevitability.
All the universe is moving,
Returning like a wave returns,
To the shore, then again, returning 
To the sea.

And no one can say which way the wind blows,
Whether it's coming or it's going away,
Whither it may be returning to,
But the sway it has upon your work,
Your mind,
The moving vision I find on your canvas
Makes me want to tie myself to you and the crows
That blow about the wheat fields
And the skies of richest blue
Until such time as we
Can return to see the origin
Of the better, of the worse,
The richer and the poorer,
And whether the waves return first
To the sea or to the shore,
But there will be sorrow between us,
Nevermore 
And nothing else will matter but that.


-jenn

No comments: