Thursday, December 19, 2019

I prayed for a woman I'd never met
And begged for her to get better.
She was in a coma
And the doctors said
She would never recover.
She was the mother of a friend of mine,
And my friend kept after me to pray,
And I did, I asked the universe 
If my friend's mother could live.
Night and day I prayed,
For three weeks,
While the woman lay in a coma.

And finally one day my friend called me
In tears of joy.
Her mother had awakened.
Her body had healed up enough that
The doctors marveled and planned to release her from the hospital.

And when she came back to our small town,
She went in to stay for a few more days
At a rehab facility,
And my friend took me to see her.
My friend stopped at the nurses station,
And I kept walking down the hall,
And when I got in to the dining room,
A heard a woman call my name.
I turned and she told me 
She was the one I had prayed for.

"But how did you know it was me?" I asked,
For I had never met her.
"I saw you praying for me
When I was in the coma," she said.
"I recognize you by your prayers.
Yours go up like bubbles into the air
And pop into butterflies,
And continue up into the sky
Until they reach their destination.
Prayers matter," she said,
"And I thank you so much
For being able to love and pray
For me."

I see the star.
I see the sky in my mind,
And I can make wishes anytime,
And they can come true.
But will it take you being in a coma to see
My prayers, my love, for you,
Going up, like bubbles, into the sky,
And popping into a butterflies In the second stage,
So they can make it all the way to heaven?


-jenn

No comments: