Wednesday, December 25, 2019

All the seasons merge today
Summer winter spring and fall
Dead leaves blow but new green shoots are sprouting
The winter wind is cold
But I'm sweating in the sun
The sky is blue
Some trees are bare
But the liveoaks and the evergreens
Share their verdant spray with the day
With me, they seem to be saying
Follow me and I will show you the Way to everlasting life
Study me and know 

My roots go deep below
My trunk is strong
My branches pray
My leaves know how to stay ever-perennial
And I share my love and life and shade quietly with anyone
Who will take the time to stare up at the sky with me
In wonder and in awe 

I stare up through its green leaves
There seems to me to be no season
No time, no reason, and not even any curvature of space
Just a beautiful day for members of the human race

To love each other


-jenn 

No comments: