Monday, December 2, 2019

My cat and I are curled like Yin and Yang.
He purrs while I think
And listen to the wind chime.
It always sings a different song.
Originality it natural.
Quietly I drift into a dream.
My cat is there to greet me
With more purring.

It is a winter house
Whose ceiling is bank-vault blue,
Like a sky with brown bare limbs
And branches stretched across it
To make clear pane glass designs,
And young girls bring baskets 
Full of gingerbread around
For happy, comfortable guests like me to nibble on.
My cat seems to be the master of the domain,
And proudly entertains with such majestic hospitality.
It is his house, I suppose,
And he has chosen splendidly 
Which guests to host and with what means.
And when I wake from this delightful dream,
I'm going to build a fire in my own hearth
And make some gingerbread
And invite some friends over
To help me eat it.
Originality is natural.
I learned it from my cat.


-jenn

No comments: