Monday, November 12, 2018

Dont hate me because I'm not hungry.
Don't hate me because I'm satisfied
With the greens the Neanderthal's
Grazed on and the mallows the hominids craved.

Dont hate me for studying the ancient ways
Described in cuneiform letters
Of what peaceful existence the hominids livedbefore
Their DNA was disturbed.

Don't hate me for understanding
The ancient prophecies of the Bible ,
For knowing that some have thought to change the times,
For seeing the gold and silver ages gone,
And even the Iron Age past.

Don't hate me for trying to rectify
My corporal body to the fact that 
I am iron, mingled with clay.
I am a devolved species
And must go back
To the diet and lifestyle of the ancient ones.

Before zep tepi,
Before Anasazi, 
Before all,
Except marshes and greens and cruciferous vegetables,
And a few stone pitted fruits
In their season,
And a fish when I can catch one,

And I am satisfied.


-jenn

No comments: