Thursday, April 19, 2012

Come and Be My Mouth For a Day


Come and be my mouth for a day
Tell yourself what you long to hear
Speak to yourself in the language you know
Then come for a day and be my ear

Let me hear the message just the way that you would spin it
Let me hear it in the way that only you would know
Maybe you can let it go deep to my inner understanding
Then come and be one foot for me so together we can go

So let us walk then, side by side
And trading hearts and ears and eyes
And feet and legs and ribs and skin
Let us feel for each other deep within

And let us love one another so
That as we come and as we go
And as the breath goes in and out
So quietly important with never a shout
So may we accept and pardon and be
Aware of each other’s Reality
And may this gracious love transcend
As we climb together friend to friend

-jenn long

No comments: