Thursday, April 19, 2012

Frog Kiss


I find myself at a church where I used to attend.
They've remodeled some things shoddily,
But still pretend.
I feel very alone in the crowd there,
A sense that I don't belong.

Making my way out thru the mob and clamor,
I bump into a dark amphibious little man.
Like a hammer
I am halted in my tracks
By the depth in his swarthy eyes.

Something about his repulsive stare draws me in.
The quiet of his night beckons me
To step out of the din,
And into an ocean of love
Like I've never known.

I give him my limp hand, unconvinced.
Still leaning away from him,
Tho somehow entranced,
We exit together from the loud
Cacophonous throng.

We climb up into a bus in the parking lot.
 As we sit in the back, I behold him
Toadish and pocked.
I flinch at the first touch of his murky hands on my back
And hearing his croaky sighs,

But I can't resist his powerful charm.
I surrender and melt, wanting to live
Right there in his arms.
Like a hand fits into it's glove,
I belong to him alone.

I don't care anymore what others might say.
I fawn over him, longing to spoon
In the light of day.
Pressing close to give him my kiss,
Lips touching, I behold the face

Change to that of a prince.

 -jenn long

No comments: