Friday, April 20, 2012

Seek and Find


Oh yeah!
I think this is the way
I’m supposed to feel.
I think I remember
Feeling this way
When I was very young.
But it has been so long ago.

Oh yes!
I remember now!
We were playing hide and seek,
And while I was counting,
You found a pretty good hiding place.

I guess I gave up that day.
Maybe I started playing a different game.
It couldn’t have been nearly as fun!
But somehow I forgot that you were still out there
Waiting for me to seek your face.

Then I must have fallen asleep.

Did you sleep, too,
In the place where you were hidden?
Or did you, too, find something more grown up to do
That marked the time away?

I’m glad you remembered me.
I’m glad that after all this time
You disregarded the rules
And skipped my turn,
And took your turn to seek,
And came looking for me anyway!
Oh yes! Yes!

-jenn long

No comments: