Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Stand as One Today

I stand as One, today.
I stand as One, whole and unafraid.
I stand as One, whose better self has overcome.
I stand as One, who knows:
There’s always someone prettier.
There’s always someone smarter.
There‘s always someone skinnier, taller.
There’s always someone more beautiful,
And yet,
There is no one who can be exactly me.

And so my challenge,
My possibility,
Is to be the best me that I can be.
There are no preset forms that I can follow.
There are no guidelines that show me the way.
There are no blueprints that I must match myself up to,
No regulations that describe to me
The pattern that I should follow to be more Myself.
There are bits and pieces of things that I like.
There are bits and pieces of other people and their personalities
That I might try to mimic,
But they are not me.
I can only grow from the inside out.
I can only grow into what the ultimate Self is for me
By having no fear, and having no doubt,
And brimming with only the fullness of love in myself
For the Life that I live.

No one can be more me, than I can.
That is the area where I can excel!
That is the place where I can be the most!
That place where I am most myself!
No one can come close to that.
No one can compare.
No one.

So I stand as One.

-jenn long

No comments: