Friday, November 1, 2019

I asked the witch if she bought her turkey yet,
And she said,"Nyet!
I'm waiting till the day after Thanksgiving,
When they'll be half off at Walmart!
That's just smart!
And by then, I'll be all alone
And can hog up the turkey bones 
And all that tryptophan,
And with any luck I can
Sleep through all the way through Christmas
And New Year's.
I go a little jejovah witness this time of year,
But maybe about Martin Luther King day,
I could wake and see if I could take back over
My old job at Walgreens 
Giving free flu shots,
And other bewitching thangs I do
That you don't need to know about.
Then she left with a "hee heehee hee,"
And walked out the door and down the street,
But before she did, I saw her set
One of the best turkeys back
Behind some cheap honey hams,
So you can bet that she'll return 
To come and get it,
And some yams for her after turkey day,
Prehibernation feast.
Don't ask me how I know.


-jenn

No comments: