Monday, November 4, 2019

Sometimes I don't go to the party
Because I am afraid.
I've got all dressed up before 
And made it as far as the door,
And then I think, "But what if
Someone asks me something about something?"

Don't anyone ask me anything about anything,
Because I don't know anything.
I'm more acquainted with nothing,
So it's ok to ask me about that,
Because I know nothing about nothing,
But, I do like your hat, 
And your shoes.

If I see you at the party,
And you think I shouldn't be shy,
Better not wait for me to get over it,
But maybe you should come say hi first,
And ask me to dance, or read poems or sing,
But please don't ask me anything 
About anything,
Because I don't know anything 
About anything anymore.

I used to know Anything,
Knew him well,
But that's been a long time ago now,
And now I know Nothing,
And I don't even work here,
So don't ask me about that either.
Ask me to dance, or which fingers go where
(On the guitar, Naughty!)
But please, don't ask me about anything else,
Because I won't know,
And I don't want the conversation to slow right there.
Do you?


-jenn




No comments: