Saturday, November 9, 2019

You think, and I thud,
A thundering horse
Thru the mud.
I'm up to my thighs,
Charging through,
Trying to get to you
Over the fjord.
You think and I thud.

What am I wearing?
The ornate gear of battle
With silver spangled cavesson,
The crownpiece that runs
Through my browband is true,
And I in my navy blue miniskirt 
Charge the heavens for you tonight,
Just so the light brigade
Can shine starlight on you,
While you lie back on the nebulous bank
Of the Milky Way, with your hands up behind your lovely head,
And say Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

You think,
And I thud.
My thundering hooves
Galloping now
Exactly toward you
Right through the beautiful mud
Of art and creation and time,
Right through the glorious poetry 
Rhymed and otherwise.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

You think and I thud.

No comments: